November 20, 2009

A New Baby...and Chicken Pox!


I promised I would send pictures of the girls as they did their Halloween activities. Here they are carving pumpkins.



Aren't they a scary pair! Arianna didn't even look like herself.



Kayla J. Jaramillo
Born Monday November 16th at 2:21 pm.
Kayla weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and was 19.5 inches long.



Labor was so fast this time around. I went in for a Dr.'s appointment, got hooked up on a machine to monitor my contractions (which weren't consistent). My Dr. suggested I just go over the hospital to be induced since my labors progress rather quickly.



I arrived at the hospital and all set up by around 12:00. My Dr. broke my water around 1:00 and the next thing I knew, was pain! My epidural only worked on half of my body (again...Alayna's labor happened the same way). Once again my Dr. had to run from her office to the hospital to make it in time. I did not want to keep the baby inside. I wanted to push her out. It all worked out and my Dr. made it just in the nick of time. I had to breath through 2 contractions and not push which was really difficult, but I endured.
I am so blessed to have 3 beautiful daughters!

Oh yeah! Arianna ended up breaking out with the chicken pox the day before I was to come home with Kayla. We are hoping that no one else gets them...fingers crossed!



24 comments:

The Best Family said...

Yeah!!! Congrats!! I can't believe it has been nine months already. She is beautiful, and has so much hair! I am super excited for you!

Lyndsey said...

Ang - Congratulations! She is so perfect! So glad she's here and everything went well for you! I love her name too! Hope all is well, and if you need anything, please let me know! Hope the chicken pox stay away from everyone! She is adorable, I am SO HAPPY for you guys! What beautiful daughters you have!

Jen and Allen said...

Oh Ang she is sooooo pretty! I hope the chicken pox are not a problem I hate those things. Glad all went well and that you are both doing great. Thanks for the pics

Powers Fam said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful!!! Sorry to hear about the chicken pox though. My mom made me wear socks on my hands to keep from scratching. Glad to hear labor was fast!! Especially with epidural not working right.

Angie Marchbanks said...

Hey what an awesome day to have a baby! I am glad that everything went pretty smooth for you. What a gorgeous little girl. You have a beautiful family!
Love
Angie

Joshua & Laura Dalton said...

She is soo cute!! Hurray! Hope Arianna feels better soon. That's tough to stay away from baby.

Lisa said...

Congrats!!! She is beautiful.I hope that everyone stays healthy. Good luck adjusting to the newborn and less sleep.

Rick...the meek and mild said...

I am looking forward to coming out and seeing all you beautiful girls. Too bad I will miss being exposed to the chicken pox again, that could be a new story for me if I could get the chicken pox this late in life!!! See, small emergencies pass with time. See you all soon.

Christy said...

She's beautiful Ang! Congratulations! Isn't it funny how we almost all have the same sex children?? Brooklynn is having her 4th girl in March. Craziness! Let me know when you are in Utah again. We need to have a lunch date!

melanie said...

That is great Ang. Those stats are almost identical to Addie's minus the half inch. She is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I love the dark hair!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! It seems like we just left and you were tow wanted more kids but were having a hard time. it just goes to show you that blessings come when they are supposed to. They are all beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Super cute!! Congrats, sorry your epidural didn't work out! But at least labor was fast and you didn't have to endure to long right?
Best of luck with 3!

Angie Fellows said...

Congratulations!!! She is absolutely beautiful!

Amy said...

I love being a new aunt! She is perfectly beautiful!!!

Ian, Jessica, Halle, Camdyn, and Quinn! said...

Gorgeous girl! I can't believe all of that dark hair! Congratulations, she is beautiful!!!

Lori Buhr said...

Oh, I am so happy for your family. Babies bring part of heaven to earth with them. I always dreaded labor, glad yours wasn't longer. What a blessing. Things come in threes, so a new baby, the chicken pox, and ?? who knows. Glad she is finally here. What does the J. stand for?

The Jackson's said...

I am so happy for you. Especially because all you have been through. By the way I love the name you picked :)

Caroline Elia Seguritan said...

Congratulations! And tell Arianna Happy Birthday from me and so sad that she has the chicken pox for her birthday - poor little thing.

Mindy Hill said...

Congrats you guys! Another beautiful baby girl! So happy for all of you, especially the "little" mothers in the house :)

Amber said...

Congrats Ang! She is beautiful!!!! She is just 2 days older than Misty's baby. I love having such an awesome family and am grateful you are my cousin!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow, everything everyone else says, I say too! She is wonderful and beautiful and perfect!

Michelle said...

Beautiful name, beautiful baby, darn those chicken pox (at least they came AFTER the baby did, just barely I guess). Congratulations you guys-- can't wait to see little Kayla in person (after your loooong drawn out "maternity leave" of course).

The Betitas said...

Awesome!!!!